Today’s avid motorcyclist is not limited to age or occupation
All one needs is a welding torch fuelled by a spark of creative innovation
This is Kriti & Shrikant from Pune. We had planned a road trip from Pune to Leh – Ladakh in July 2019. We needed a top box for our bike the Royal Enfield Himalayan. Thus, through a fellow motorcyclist’s reference we contacted Nyati Laser for a top box as they were looking forward to endurance testing of their product. We met with the manufacturer who provided us the top box and mounting plate as per our requirement. We took the top box for our expedition and it turned out to be very useful for our entire journey of approx 4500 kms.
- It is a hard case made of heavy duty aluminium yet quite easy to access.
- For the entire trip the top box was loaded with 5 to 7 kgs of luggage but it did not create any issues while riding.
- It also comes with a cushioned backrest, which is very comfortable for the pillion. The top box also enhances the overall look of the bike.
- The box is completely waterproof which also makes it a perfect choice for carrying luggage in rainy season.
Other than long rides, top box is also very beneficial to carry your belongings for a short weekend getaway or riding through the city, as it easily fits in your helmet and backpack and it doesn’t add to the width of the bike. The top box comes with iron hooks on top, with which you can strap other items onto the top box using a bungee cord/rope. However, the lock system can be improved as it is not possible to leave important articles in the box when the bike is parked at a place vulnerable to theft. Travelling only with top box and no other luggage at front can get a bit difficult as the bike will be unstable. It is important to balance the load due to the size of the box.
- Secure fitting system
- Light weight
- Reflectors for riding after dark
- Cushion for pillion
- Lock available
- Good capacity
- Attractive look
- Good quality material
- Easily accessible
- Durable and tough
- Higher load affects balance
- Better locking system to provide more safety
- Bit difficult to mount or dis-mount from the bike for both rider as well as pillion.
- Cannot be easily mounted or removed from the bike
At this point of time the top case in undergoing post ride analysis basis feedback and wear and tear. We do understand that the product will be launched in the months to come once the evaluation process is completed. The product will be available through a leading riding gear store based out of Pune. For those ordering from across the country, they can order the top case online.