Bolt Red Streak – The power of Zeus in a matchboxFebruary 25, 2016
Bolt Red Streak – features
Before we begin with the 1st impression lets get to know about the device. Bolt Red Streak – features as per the manufacturer
- Charger for all Phones The Bolt Red Streak is capable of charging any mobile safely and fast. It provides a 5V, 2A output. The charger is designed keeping the safety of your bike in mind.
- Anti-Theft Design The detachable design of the Bolt Red Streak makes it easy for you to un-plug and carry the charger while you are not riding.
- All Weather Resistant The Bolt Red Streak has a working temperature range from 0°C to 75°C. When the phone is connected and device is under use on the bike, its absolutely water-proof.
- Built to Last Intelligent design combined with the best thermo-plastic material helps withstand vibrations and harsh weather conditions.
- Bolt Circuitry The circuit is designed for 95% energy efficiency. It delivers up to 2A steady current output to charge your phone as fast as your wall charger.
- Warranty Policy The Bolt Red Streak comes with 1 year FREE replacement warranty – anything goes wrong, we ship the new device to your door-step.
Bolt Red Streak – The power of Zeus in a matchbox
The bolt has been around for about 6 months from its launch date. Even though it sounds like a good proposition the NEED for investing in such a device never came to the forefront. Tantamount to that, the split handlebar is a hindrance. The bolt predominantly is a handlebar device at the outset.
Bolt Red Streak – in the box
On a WhatsApp group the feasibility of Bolt was questioned. Hence, with a few phone calls and a visit to one of the dealers we were in possession of a box that is more befitting for a Coffee mug if not anything else. From fit to finish the package and its contents are a class apart and worth every cent of 1699/- shelled out.
The contents in the box housed:
- Handle bar mount
- User/warranty manual
- 4 cable ties
Bolt Red Streak – Installation
Installing the bolt mount on the test subject is rather easy. Typically, the wiring lined is lined up from the handle bar of the motorcycle right down to the battery terminals. To review the ease of use, initially at every pit stop we played plug n play. Using the USB based internet dongle frequently is a good way to test it. The next task being, charging the action camera. It charges the battery quickly enough. Today staying connected on the go is the need of the hour. Thus
The Bolt getting BOLTED on the test subject: Mahindra Mojo XT
Also, as part of the package chosen the Bolt pocket is included. Since the luggage system included a tank bag on board the bolt pocket was not put to use. However, we can say that the pocket is indeed touch screen friendly.
Here is what the makers have to say about it:
Compatible With All Bikes:
The Bolt Pocket has adjustable straps which can be used to fix the unit across the fuel tank. The front straps have attached clips which makes it easy to fix.
The top of the Bolt Pocket is made up of transparent touch-friendly material. So you can easily interact your mobile-phone for navigation and taking a call, even when the phone is within the Pocket.
The Pocket is designed to keep your phone safe from mild rains. It is closed from all the three sides and has a Velcro protection from top to prevent any water inflow.
Currently the Bolt Red Streak is available on: