Dirtsack SHELLSACK Road – HELMET BAG 1st impressionsSeptember 1, 2021
Dirtsack SHELLSACK Road is the 2021 edition of the Shellsack. Retaining its basic form factor, the bag is attuned to fit better. The dual color construction makes the product stand out mostly for visibility reasons. Drawing inspiration from its predecessors the Dirtsack SHELLSACK Road has the best of both worlds. Also, the new edition has an enduro variant too. This, specially to cater to Adventure touring community.
To answer the question what’s new? Here is what we found as per the manufacturer:
- STYLISH , FUNCTIONAL HELMET BAG FOR LARGE HELMETS WITHOUT PEAK CAPS
- STORE & CARRY YOUR HELMET OFF BIKE AND ON BIKE – IN STYLE.
- Convertible – Helmet Bag / Tail-Bag / Backpack. can be used with or without helmet.
Dirtsack Shellsack Road – The GT HOUSE Connection
The Dirtsack Shellsack in its 3rd iteration in two variations:
Shellsack Road or “SHELLSACK – HELMET BAG FOR REGULAR HELMETS”
Dirtsack Shellsack – Enduro “SHELLSACK – HELMET BAG FOR ENDURO HELMETS”
The 2021 edition Dirtsack Shellsack Road or “SHELLSACK – HELMET BAG FOR REGULAR HELMETS” is procured from Gear & Throttle House, Pune . This is technically the second piece to go off the shelf on launch day. The first being an impromptu purchase from another shopper!! When one is part of the fraternity not all purchases is for yourself. Some purchases can for gifting as well. What better gift than a product that is a backpack and helmet bag all rolled into one.
However, when you are talking a walk after your short ride to wherever not worrying about leaving the helmet behind is a relief. So, be it a stroll in the mall or around your ride destination the helmet is snugly perched inside. Also, don’t bother about your gloves and knickknacks. Just place them in the helmet and you are good to go.
Dirtsack Shellsack – Backpack Mode
In fact on a recent ride from Pune to Mumbai I carried the bag instead of bolting it onto the bike. Travelling on a weekday only to return to Pune on a Sunday night with over 400 kilometers travelled in Mumbai city, suburbs and highway gave a brief insight as to what this could carry. Speaking of which they also give your a VISOR COVER (included in the cost of the bag) so that you can carry a spare visor for your journey, just in case you want to. Also the Shellsack has a net within to keep a few knick knacks like:
- Actions cameras
All of this and more while being securely perched and accommodating the “shell”.
Dirtsack Shellsack Road – Specs as per the Website:
- One large main compartment with all-round opening for easy loading. Can fit a large regular helmet.(May not fit Motocross or Enduro Helmets)
- Back zippered access to allow additional storage in the helmet inner cavity.
- Glove-friendly pullers on all zippers for easy operation even with gloves.
- Removable shoulder strap for easy movement off the bike ; converts to a side sling bag or backpack. Adaptable as a tank bag or a tail bag.
- Can be used with or without helmets.
- Soft plush interior lining that is scratch-preventive but durable.
- Black – Gray with Speed Green trim or Black – Gray with Race Orange trim.
- Retro reflective badging for additional night time safety.
- Flattens down for storage or carriage when not in use.
In case you are looking for more details you may click on the link below: